FAQ on Electronic Contributions

Frequently Asked Questions About Electronic Contributions

Q. What is an Electronic Contribution?
A. Electronic contribution is an automatic transfer program which allows you to give your tithes and offering contributions without writing checks.

Q. What is the advantage of electronic contribution?
A. It saves time. It saves work. It simplifies your life!

Q. How is my electronic contribution automatically withdrawn from my account?
 A. Once you authorize the transfer, your specified contribution is electronically transferred directly from your checking or savings account to the church's account.

Q. When will my contribution be withdrawn from my account?
 A. On its due date. We offer the option of the 1st and/or 15th of each month.

Q. If I do not write checks, how do I keep my checkbook balance straight?
A. Since your contribution is made on a pre-established date, you simply record it in your check register on the appropriate date.

Q. Without a canceled check, how can I prove I made my contribution?
 A. Your bank statement gives you an itemized list of electronic transfers. It is your proof of contribution. In addition, Buffalo Covenant sends out regular statements which reflect your electronic contributions.

Q. What if I change bank accounts?
 A. Notify us of the change and provide an updated authorization form and we will make the change for you.

Q. How much does electronic contribution cost?
A. It is free to you plus it saves you time.

Q. What if I try electronic contribution and I don't like it?
 A. You can cancel your authorization by notifying us in writing at any time.

Q. How do I sign up for an electronic contribution?
A. Click here to open the Authorization Form. When you have completed and signed the authorization form, return it to the Church Office along with a voided check or savings deposit slip. You can mail the forms to Buffalo Covenant Church, Attn: Electronic Contributions, 1601 Highway 55 North, Buffalo, MN 55313-1931 or simply place a sealed envelope containing the forms in the offering plate on Sunday morning.

Q. What if I want to give over and above the amount that is automatically withdrawn?
A. You can write a check at any time and it will be tracked and added to your giving statements.

Q. I still have more questions, who can I contact?
A. You can call 763-682-1470 to talk with Diane Bowman in the Church Office