The church doorstep is a common destination for those in need. But most churches alone cannot fully meet the needs of every homeless family, unemployed father, single mom, hungry child or senior citizen. Love INC enables churches in a community to coordinate their resources and services, so neighbors in need are not turned away. This is a great opportunity for Christian denominations to come together to transform lives in the Name of Christ.
Love In the Name of Christ-Big Woods (Love INC) is a Christian non-profit ministry with the mission of “mobilizing the local church to transform lives and communities in the Name of Christ.” It’s a way for local residents and church members to be actively involved in alleviating poverty in the Buffalo, Hanover & Maple Lake areas. Through Love INC, churches and individual Christians are equipped to work together across denominational lines, to provide coordinated help to people experiencing difficulties in life. This is accomplished by a telephone clearinghouse set-up, where requests for help are received, screened and fulfilled by volunteers from churches and the community. Although Love INC is not an emergency service and does not deal in crisis management, we will refer to other agencies that can help in these situations.
WHY PARTNER WITH LOVE INC?
- Love INC has over 30 years of experience mobilizing churches to meet needs in the community.
- There are untapped resources in the body of Christ that Love INC can activate for those in need.
- Love INC gives Christians specific, manageable opportunities to put their faith and love to work in the service of people in need.
- Love INC meets needs through loving relationships, and Scripture tells us that love never fails (1 Cor. 13:8).
WHO BENEFITS FROM LOVE INC?
- People in need receive coordinated help through a network of church and community resources.
- Churches model the unity of the Body of Christ as they work together to fulfill their Biblical mandate to help the poor and needy.
- Church members receive opportunities to use their unique gifts and talents to serve others.
- Community agencies refer people in need to Love INC to fill gaps in their own services.
HISTORY OF LOVE INC
Founded in 1977, today there are more than 150 Love INC affiliates in 30 states, representing a network of 9,000 churches, 7,000 community-based organizations and 300,000 volunteers – meeting over 1 million needs each year, nationwide. Love INC-Big Woods was established in 2009, and opened its doors in April 2011 to serve Buffalo, Hanover and Maple Lake. Currently, we represent 13 local churches who work together to show Christ’s love to our neighbors in need.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- PRAY – for our Executive Director, Clearinghouse Coordinator, volunteers and especially the people we serve
- VOLUNTEER – We welcome any time or talents you are willing to share! Please contact Connie at the Clearinghouse via 763-682-2550 or e-mail for more information on volunteer opportunities.
- GIVE – We are a 501c3 non-profit ministry that relies heavily on individual donations. Check our website for specific information on contributing financially.
- DONATE ITEMS - We have a furniture ministry and a Lullaby ministry (baby articles) and we take good, used items to give away. We have a garage donated by St. Francis Xavier Catholic church to store the contributions.
*Call us if you have something to donate 763-682-2550. If we can use it, we’ll send volunteers to pick it up at your place.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
If you or someone you know needs help, call the intake line: 763-682-6820
Monday–Thursday • 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Feel free to leave a message as our voicemail is checked daily Monday-Friday.